Senior Director Member Success
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- Build and grow Oportun’s high performing engineering team.
- Mentor and grow our engineering management organization and our staff+ engineers.
- Deliver impact by helping the engineering team execute.
- Help define engineering OKRs and provide guidance to your team on prioritization.
- Provide technical guidance and make strategic technical decisions, either di,rectly or through engineering committees.
- Work cross functionally with our leaders in Product, Design, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, and Finance.
- Build bridges with Oportun engineering leadership.
- 15+ years of experience with a demonstrated track record of success in software engineering.
- Prior success in leading engineering organizations to design, architect, and ship either products that are used by millions of people or infrastructure for highly available, scalable, reliable, and secure cloud platforms.
- 8+ years of building and scaling diverse, inclusive, and high-performing engineering teams. Experience growing managers and managers of managers, as well as Principle engineers.
- Operational experience in modern agile engineering approaches in developing, running, and maintaining software
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Foster a team culture of innovation, partnership, and team enablement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience maturing and evolving an engineering team within the context of a public company.
- BS or advanced degree (MS+) in a technical field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar).
- Experience in recruiting engineers and managers.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $191,200 - $305,900
The base salary offer will be determined based on individual job-related factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and work location.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or our comprehensive competitive benefits package.
To learn more, visit our benefits page. Oportun Benefits
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).