Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
The Operations Financial Analyst:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides trends and forecasts, explains processes and techniques, and recommends actions to business owners.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
- Analyzes and detects discrepancies in transactions by comparing data and requesting the proper correction.
- Performs required research and networking to obtain relevant information to create CostBenefit Analysis reports and Business Cases.
- Organizes, hosts, and drives the necessary meetings and conversations as part of the tasks required for a successful Cost-Benefit Analysis report/Business Case delivery.
- Follows-up thoroughly for any open items and pending actions required to obtain relevant data in the creation of a Cost-Benefit Analysis report/Business Case.
- Creates dashboards and executive presentations to report findings/Cost-Benefit Analysis report/Business Case to leadership.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Assists in the creation/modification of relevant KPI’s (financial and operational/financerelated) as part of the financial performance vigilance.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential. 14. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Provides assistance to the direct report Manager in any other related task.
• Excellent communication, data analysis, interpretation, and social skills
• Sharp attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing environments
• Intermediate-advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Experience generating & maintaining financial reports, budget planning, and forecasting
• Knowledge in process generation and flow charts desired
• Degree in Finance or similar, and technical finance vocabulary are a plus
• 2 years of experience with similar responsibilities is a MUST
• Intermediate English level (70%-80% or B2) is a MUST
• Good grammar and syntax skills are a MUST
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?