Sr. Software Engineer
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about building highly available, highly scalable systems and services to power a wide variety of applications at Oportun - ranging from secure money transfer protocols to large-scale data serving and collection services. In this role, your job will be to design and implement the hidden world of services used to provide life-changing experiences to millions of people. You'll be part of a stellar team composed of smart, diverse, and efficient software engineers. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's live, we are excited to meet you!
- Develop highly available, secure, APIs to power exciting product features
- Work with machine learning and data science experts to productize cutting-edge predictive systems
- Solve difficult scaling problems in order to make millions of transactions in the US banking system on a daily basis
- Create data services that power business analytics, data science and application features
- Build distributed systems to handle large-scale internal workloads
- Expand a world-class platform of financial services for the 21st century
- 5+ years as a dedicated backend engineer with experience at scale
- Broad experience building backend services on cloud infrastructure
- Unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- Good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- Proficient in a handful of different programming languages and truly experienced in at least one concurrent programming framework
- Excited about building the tools and services that compose the backbone of our company
- Some experience with building Data Pipeline
- Proficiency in SQL
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $ 110,800 - $177,300.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?