Principal Growth Product Manager
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for a passionate, curious and creative problem solver to be a Principal Growth Product Manager at Oportun, responsible for accelerating growth across our Lending, Credit Card, Savings, and Banking products.
Your role will be to drive the acceleration of multi-product growth per user as well as grow new users onto the platform. You will lead ideation, development, launch and scaling of innovative products and features with the growth team. You will partner closely with core feature teams and cross-functional teams (marketing, legal, data, risk, and more). Every product and feature will help improve our customers' financial lives. If you love leading cross-functional product teams with lofty goals and high ambitions, this opportunity may be for you.
While Oportun’s worldwide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open anywhere in the US. This role reports to our Head of Product for Neobanking (who reports into the Chief Product Officer).
- Create the growth strategy with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Scope and lead the development of new product features that will increase the financial health of our users, and drive acquisition, retention, and monetization across our user base
- Analyze data and perform user research to form and test hypotheses in the pursuit of building a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and behaviors
- Manage a high-performing cross-functional product team that includes engineering, design, data, marketing, legal, and customer support to implement and build new features
- Drive strong communication and alignment up, down and sideways within the organization
- Demonstrated experience as a growth product manager in consumer industries. Preference for candidates with fintech growth experience, and minimum of 10 years of experience required
- Develop a strategy for accelerating healthy growth and get in the details to run and iterate on experiments
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Excellent product intuition and user empathy
- Inspiring, concise, and crisp communication: written and verbal
- Continually seeks to improve and expand their skill set
- Strong analytical ability and ability to make data-driven decisions, as well as measured bets
- Bonus Points: Experience launching products within complex legal and regulatory frameworks such as Finance, experience with SQL
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $256,000.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?