Store Team Leader
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
Store Team Leaders are passionate developers of people with a strength for delivering results and an amazing customer service experience and will be responsible for delivering monthly check-in reviews with the CSRs and developing action plans using a positive performance model. Successful Store Team Leaders drive results through in-store support, community outreach and relationship building. This position will require working flexible shifts including days, nights and weekends and presents a unique opportunity to influence the lives of others while fulfilling the Oportun mission.
Develop and lead a high performing, highly motivated team of Customer Service Representatives through selection, coaching and development in partnership with the District manager, peer Store Team Leads, Retail Training Associates (where applicable) in order to effectively impact results
Leverage daily production reports in order to build plans to meet or exceed monthly store team goals and Ensure the store is pro-actively driving additional new customers into the store through community marketing, establishing relationships and gathering referrals from existing customers
Performs interviews of prospective CSR candidates and influences the decision in partnership with the District Manager
Confirm that all CSRs have completed all assigned training and have read and understand all communications and updates
Light housekeeping generally consisting of daily collection of trash from the trash bins in the store and disposing of it in a designated area, sweeping or vacuuming (where carpet is present) the showroom daily, mopping with Swiffer floor mop 1-2 times per week or as needed, and cleaning windows as needed.
Perform monthly check-in performance evaluations on all store CSRs and coach and manage using positive performance to meet and exceed expectations. Is responsible for Positive Performance conversations as well as corrective action in partnership with the DM and People and Culture team
WHAT KEY QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
- Valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of Office 360 including Outlook, Excel, Word and PPT
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A results oriented, self-motivated team player who leads by example.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strength in providing excellent customer service with an attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in planning, communication and influence to be able to effectively coach & develop the skills of the team in order to improve results
- Previous work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor preferred (1+year)
- Prior banking (Branch Lead, Sr. Personal Banker) experience – highly desirable (1-3 years)
- Prior sales experience (2+ years)
- Passionate about Oportun’s mission
- Manages Labor; CSR shift swaps, PTO, timecard corrections, availability and timecard approvals
- Maintain operational, procedural and regulatory oversight as well as provide coaching and guidance to ensure the store and CSRs pass all “in-store” and “phone” quality audits
Helps and guides CSRs in resolving everyday issues and when to escalate to the DM or the appropriate HQ support partners. Respond to customer inquiries or complaints in person or over the phone in a professional manner.
- Perform CSR and various other administrative duties as directed by District Manager.
AS A VALUABLE MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Competitive pay, plus sales incentives $$$
- Growth opportunities for PT, FT, Team Lead, Manager positions
- Flexible schedules
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid Training
- Opportunity to positively impact your community
The base hourly rate for this full-time position is $21.00 - $23.75
Our hourly rates are determined by role, location and experience. The hourly range displayed on each job posting reflects a minimum and maximum for new hire rates for this position, specific to the location of this job posting.
Please note that the compensation details listed in this posting reflects only the hourly rate for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning and growth potential, then come join our team.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place'
'Work Location: One location, NO REMOTE OPTIONS
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?