Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- Work with our different teams to design and build data solutions for analytics and business data users.
- Build, test and maintain complex data pipelines. Maintain the data domain metadata and data catalog.
- Develop a strong contextual knowledge of the data in use to provide accuracy and effective data solutions.
- Create and review technical and user-focused documentation for data solutions (data models, data dictionaries, business glossaries, process and data flows, architecture diagrams, user guides, etc.)
- Design and execute strategies for real-time data analysis and decision-making.
- Actively promote and enhance best practices, standards, and audits to certify and preserve high-quality data that is fit for purpose.
- Become a subject matter expert on new Data Warehouse technologies, as well as provide recommendations on making improvements.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents, including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to deeply understand requirements, insights, and needs.
- Be open and willing to learn new skills!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/data processing or equivalent.
- 4to 8 years of experience in data development and data warehousing.
- Experience with data analytics and preparing data for analytics data users
- Experience with cloud data warehouse platforms (Databricks and Redshift preferred)
- Experience with data transformation tools (Talend and dbt preferred)
- Expert in SQL and highly capable in Python and experience with data pipeline tools and Spark
- Experience with orchestration and building automation tools (Jenkins, Harness, and Airflow preferred)
- Ability to work independently and deliver high-quality results
- Ability to work in an Agile environment (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc)
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, capital markets, and lending preferred
- Knowledge of customer data integration and customer data platforms preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Something looks off?