Manager of Collections
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
The Manager of Collections will oversee the management and day-to-day operations related to collections of Accounts Receivable. This individual will design and implement processes to improve cash flow and reduce aged receivables while establishing and maintaining best-in-class customer service. This role will manage a team of collection specialists who investigate delinquent accounts, analyze account performance, make recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigate disputes. Partnering cross-functionally the Customer Success organization, the Manager of Collections will manage the relationship with a third-party collections agency, to escalate accounts where internal collections are not effective.
• Develop and implement effective collection strategies to ensure timely and accurate payment of outstanding invoices.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all collection activities, including payment arrangements, disputes, and any necessary adjustments.
• Communicate with customers to address payment discrepancies, resolve issues, and negotiate payment terms.
• Set targets, monitor performance, and conduct regular performance evaluations for collections team.
• Analyze AR aging reports and proactively identify delinquent accounts, taking appropriate actions to ensure timely resolution.
• Prepare and present regular reports to management, providing insights on collection performance, trends, and areas for improvement.
• Foster a positive and productive work environment, promoting teamwork, professionalism, and a customer-centric approach.
Requirements and Preferred Experience
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, preferably Accounting or Finance
• 5-7 years of experience in Collections Management
• Government industry experience, preferably in Technology
• Prior experience managing a team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Chicagoland area preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.