Subject Matter Expert - Public Works, Asset Management, Permitting & Licensing
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
About the Subject Matter Expert - Public Works, Asset Management, Permitting & Licensing :
OpenGov's Subject Matter Experts bring their expertise to help design solutions using OpenGov technology for prospective customers and customers alike. Leveraging their deep government experience they design and create innovative ways to solve complex problems, delighting our customers and helping to drive our product roadmap. You’ll be the product expert spearheading the technical evaluation, demonstrating business value, handling tough objections, and leading a successful product evaluation during sales cycles to gain new customers.
*****If you have direct government experience, especially in these specific roles, we want to talk to you!:******
• Asset Manager
• Asset Management Analyst
• Public Works Permit Tech
• Plan Review Engineer
• City Civil Engineer
• Community Development Analyst
• Building Official
• Plan Reviewer/Examiner
• Project Manager
• Admin Analyst
Subject Matter Expert Subject Matter Expert - Public Works, Asset Management, Permitting & Licensing Responsibilities:
• Share your expertise with the broader community by speaking at conferences, leading webinars, and hosting an OpenGov podcast
• Serve as a trusted advisor to our Go-To-Market Team to plan, prepare, and demonstrate solutions
• Conduct technical discovery to uncover pain points and challenging cases
• Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations that address the needs identified through discovery
• Become the trusted advisor by demonstrating deep product knowledge and real-world application to solve clients challenges and issues
• Build strong relationships and develop customer technical champions
• Provide technical support to RFP/RFI responses
• Work closely with Professional Services teams to ensure a smooth transition of opportunities and stay current in deployment best practices
• Collaborate with R&D, Marketing, and other departments on field observations and customer feedback that impact product roadmap and competitiveness
• Support the creation, build-out, and maintenance of shared team assets including knowledge base and demonstration sites.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably equivalent to or aligned with Public Administration or Civil Engineering
• 5+ years in Government, preferably Public Works, Planning, Community Development, Asset Management, or Civil Engineering
• Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical concepts and develop skills to create compelling solutions that demonstrate business value
• Extraordinary presentation skills, with the ability to establish trust across a range of technical and non-technical audiences