Solutions Engineer (Financials, Accounting, Budgeting & Planning)
Accounting & Finance
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
About the Solutions Engineer role:
The Solutions Engineer works directly with Sales to serve as a trusted advisor to customers during the sales cycle ensuring that the OpenGov solutions will provide maximum value and benefit. You’ll be the product expert spearheading the technical evaluation, demonstrating business value, handling tough objections, and leading a successful product evaluation during sales cycles to gain new customers.
Solutions Engineer Responsibilities:
• Work with other members of the Sales and Customer Success teams as an integral part of the OpenGov ecosystem
• Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations for OpenGov Financials Suite.
• Develop sales proposals and define solution fit for customer
• Provide Technical Sales Support to MEDDIC Sales Strategy
• Prepare and present product demonstrations in context of "As Is" vs "To-Be" customer process
• Build Technical Champions in sales process
• Achieve OpenGov Technical Win. (Sales Engineers own the Technical Win)
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend proof of concept opportunities
• Provide input for technical sections of RFPs/ RFQs
• Develop reusable technical assets to support sales activities
• Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Product Marketing teams.
• 2-5+ years of experience as a Sales / Solution Engineer
• Experience with Cloud and SaaS technologies
• 2-5+ years working in Government or Public Sector experience preferred.
• Government Accounting and Finance background strongly desired
• Working knowledge of ERP modules such as General Ledgers, Budgeting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchase Orders, Fixed Assets, Utility Billings and Purchase Cards.
• Up to 40% travel
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.