Sales Enablement Manager
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 2-3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Boston, MA office.
OpenGov is looking to hire an experienced Sales Enablement Manager who is responsible for forming close partnerships with GTM stakeholders of all levels to translate business needs into scalable enablement programs.
Your role will be to orchestrate the continuous development of Account Executives and Sales Development. Key skills we are building and reinforcing include deal qualification, discovery, value realization, mutual success plans, and closing complex sales. Additionally, this role will be responsible for building out the career development program for sdrs and SMG Account Executives.
• You will work closely with our sales leadership team to design, build, and execute ongoing enablement programs for the sales team. These programs will be results-driven and include comprehensive engagement plans for leaders and reps.
• You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to design, build, and deliver ongoing product training to help our specialists become trusted partners to our potential customers.
• You will diagnose what obstacles our teams are facing selling OpenGov and making customers successful and build enablement programs to overcome these obstacles.
• You will build repeatable sales playbooks that make us more effective as a team.
• You will produce, curate, and maintain content to support our sales motions and playbooks.
• You will program manage our ongoing sales training and sales programming (enablement calls, all hands, etc…) and own the enablement calendar for sales.
• You will facilitate successful training sessions and sales programs and work with SMEs to ensure their training hits the mark.
• Identify and define key metrics for assessing the effectiveness of all enablement material and programs.
Some Projects You Would Work On:
• Launch an enablement curriculum for our Account Executives that are rooted in Force Management and Corporate Visions methodologies.
• Build a career development program for our sales team.
• Manage the ongoing evolution of our OpenGov Sales Methodology.
• Design enablement curriculum for all 3 tiers of our selling organization: small to midsize governments, enterprise governments, and strategic accounts.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
• 3+ years in Enablement
• 2+ years experience in Sales
• Effective communicator: written, verbal, and listening
• Experience with program management
• Experienced in Guru and Skilljar
• A deep understanding of sales methodologies such as Command of the Message, Corporate Visions, Challenger, and MEDDIC.
• Knowledge of different learning methods and ability to blend methods to best fit learning objectives.
• Ability to prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced environment Strong project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships, and influencing others to get things done, and prioritization.
• Experience working cross-functionally with different enablement and revenue teams.
• Experience working in the public sector
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.