Implementation Project Manager (SaaS)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's San Francisco, CA office.
About the Project Manager role:
As a Project Manager, you will be in the driver's seat as our customers begin or continue their journey with OpenGov. You will serve as the primary point of contact as you help our customers refine their goals into measurable accomplishments, and you will ensure they meet their objectives. Simultaneously, you'll coordinate with internal experts to support you and our customers while managing timelines and budgets.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage and oversee all aspects (resources, timing, tasks, deliverables) of the customer’s project.
• Provide project leadership by helping customers refine goals into measurable, actionable deliverables.
• Simultaneously understand and support the customer’s strategic and tactical requirements.
• Implement and improve project-related deliverables including presentations, project plans, timelines, meeting minutes, status reports, risk registers, and any other deliverables required to ensure a successful implementation.
• Maintain a sense of urgency to minimize project timelines and delays that prevent customers from achieving their goals and receiving value as soon as possible.
• Maintain up-to-date information in CRM and project management applications.
• Maintain visibility of project tasks and effort while reviewing and approving resource time entry.
• Manage scope creep while balancing customer success, project budget, and schedule.
• Four-year degree in an applicable field OR a two-year degree with at least 2-5 years of experience with project management, negotiation/problem resolution, and client service delivery.
• Ability to negotiate and mediate conflicts for the benefit of the organization and the client.
• Demonstrated focus on self-learning and ongoing development.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, yet openly seeks expert advice when appropriate.
• Ability to evaluate a situation and make a determination for additional dialogue regarding project objectives.
• Proven skills at making conscientious, deliberate decisions with an understanding of how decisions may affect longer-term project goals and resources.
• Ability and willingness to travel 20-40%
• Project management-oriented certification or training preferred.
• Salesforce experience preferred.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.