Project Manager - Implementations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Project Manager role:
The Project Manager will demonstrate exceptional ability to Manage Project scope (quality deliverables and customer experience), time (duration), and costs (effort), Manage Communications effectively with internal and external stakeholders, Manage the Solution Development: deliver successful solution deployments in close partnership with cross-functional teams, while Managing Customer Expectations: maintaining a seamless customer experience and overall satisfaction from the process and the results.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Set scope, timeline, and deliverables to ensure a successful deployment for multiple customers
• Ability to organize a portfolio of 12 to 18 projects for tracking and delivery
• Be a primary point of contact for project implementation activity
• Establish project command and control of project delivery both internally and externally
• Partner with cross-functional teams to gather key documentation and required resources in order to set appropriate expectations with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in the sales process as needed
• Prospect specific implementation approaches, scope, and plans
• Support Statement of Work creation on an as-needed basis
• Identify early signs of project and customer risks and devise appropriate risk response strategies
• Occasionally travel to customer sites to conduct training and solidify customer relationships
• Assist in enhancing our methodology of project delivery of our growing set of solutions
• Minimum of 3 years of project management or related experience in a SaaS environment
• Strong aptitude of technology tools and solutions
• Extra strong analytical thinking, strong system perspective, and diligent process analysis skills
• Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and ability to analyze details and translate into the “big picture” view
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Technical aptitude and proficiency with Professional Services and CRM tools
• Experience with government budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a strong plus
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?