Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Solution Specialist:
The Solutions Specialist works directly with Sales to serve as a trusted advisor to customers during the sales cycle ensuring that the OpenGov solutions will provide maximum value and benefit. You’ll be the product expert spearheading the technical evaluation, demonstrating business value, handling tough objections, and leading a successful product evaluation during sales cycles to gain new customers.
Solution Specialist Responsibilities:
• Work with other members of the Sales and Customer Success teams as an integral part of the OpenGov ecosystem
• Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations for OpenGov Community Development Suite.
• Develop sales proposals and define solution fit for customer
• Provide Technical Sales Support to MEDDIC Sales Strategy
• Prepare and present product demonstrations in context of "As Is" vs "To-Be" customer process
• Build Technical Champions in sales process
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend proof of concept opportunities
• Provide input for technical sections of RFPs/ RFQs
• Develop reusable technical assets to support sales activities
• Work with Engineering, Product Management and Product Marketing to improve the offering
• Achieve OpenGov Technical Win (Sales Engineers own the Technical Win)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 2-5+ years of experience as a Sales / Solution Engineer required
• 2-5+ years working in Government or Public Sector experience preferred
• Government accounting and/or finance background preferred
• Civic engagement experience strongly preferred
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?