Sr. PHP Developer
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
• Write, debug, and release well-tested, efficient code
• Develop new and improve existing product features using industry standard and well thought through design patterns
• Write unit and integration tests to improve and maintain high code quality
• Documentation and demonstration of the software pieces.
• 8+ years of professional experience using Git or another popular source control system
• 7+ years of experience building successful software products
• 7+ years of experience working cross-functionally, collaborating with designers, and coordinating with both product and program managers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Deep understanding of functional programming fundamentals
• Full stack development experience with PHP, MySQL, Working in a LAMP WAMP environment.
• Knowledge of frameworks like Laravel is a plus and Working knowledge of Apache web servers.
• Full-cycle PHP code development experience including debugging and performance analysis.
• Working knowledge of RESTful paradigms to build API for our front-end applications.
• Owning requirements and working on them from start to finish.
• Strong database design and query writing skills with a commitment to performance and efficiency.
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems.
• Experience working in Agile methodology, Github, and Jira.
• Understands the product design lifecycle and Demonstrated effective communication and collaboration.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?