Software Engineer in Test (SDET) - (Argentina)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
OpenGov is seeking a talented, motivated Software Engineer to QA web applications for managing our State and local Government's assets and infrastructure. You’ll collaborate with a wicked smart team to build cutting-edge products that are changing the way our cities and counties run.
You’ll be testing web applications using modern tools and frameworks—including Angular, TypeScript, Ionic, and Cypress end-to-end testing. Our back end is C# .NET with SQL Server. We automate everything from check-in to deployment, employing Agile DevOps principles. You’ll be actively creating / maintaining automated test suites to support the product development and release process. You’ll assist with writing unit tests, security tests, performance tests, and more. You’ll also work with the latest tools like Jira, GitHub, GitHub Actions, and Cypress to validate user experiences our customers will love.
Really like where you live? We’ve built a remote culture (years before the pandemic) that allows you to work from anywhere. We have special meet-ups every year to team build, kick back, and have fun.
Support the broader team on leading practices, processes, frameworks, tools, and automation to improve the overall quality of OpenGov applications and increase velocity and confidence in software delivery.
• Work hand-in-hand with the developers as a SDET or test automation engineer during new feature development
• Perform manual and exploratory testing as a prerequisite for test automation (or for time-sensitive delivery scenarios)
• Perform testing (manual or automated regression) for unscheduled hotfix releases
• Perform pre-release automated regression testing for scheduled feature releases
• Review product requirement documents in close collaboration with product managers to create a test plan and test cases for features
• Review test plan and test case documents as needed with key stakeholdersUplevel overall QA team maturity by contributing to cross-functional efforts such as for nightly tests, monitoring test failures, and improving the frameworks that run the tests
• Work with GitHub Actions to schedule tests, analyze test results and share feedback (e.g. test reliability, test coverage) with key stakeholders
• Continually expand scope of automated test coverage
• Support the troubleshooting of deployment and production issues.
• Participate in lively technology discussions where your opinion is truly valued and respected
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Minimum 2 years as a SDET or a test automation engineer required, in SaaS companies preferred
• You have a four-year degree, preferably a CS/MIS or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience improving quality through a combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, UI and API tests, dependency testing, and monitoring
• Experience creating, executing, and maintaining automated test suites using GitHub Actions.
• Experience with Cypress.io end-to-end framework preferred
• Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum and/or Kanban)
• Proficiency with source control management such as Git and hands-on experience of common CI platforms, e.g. GitHub Actions
• Experience creating testing artifacts such as test plans, test cases, and test reports, gathering requirements, and clarifying ambiguities by communicating effectively with product managers and developers
• You take pride and ownership in the software and user experiences you QA.
• You believe in Agile and continuous deployment to obtain rapid customer feedback.
• You’re professional but know how to have fun while killing it.
• You're innovative, and don't settle for the status quo.
• You have a crazy eye for detail.
• You’re organized, manage your time well, and stand behind your work.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?