Business Development Representative
Onna is pioneering the future of data management by enabling enterprises to capture, discover, and leverage the value of unstructured data that is created in knowledge worker applications. We do this by providing a data management platform that collects data from any application and makes it consistent and accessible for use by business users. On average, companies use 88 applications to power daily business decisions. A 21% increase from three years ago. As the digital workplace rapidly evolves, data is proliferating, content is sprawling, and knowledge is increasingly fragmented. Onna exists to help bring order, visibility, access, and control to this expanding data landscape.
Dropbox, Electronic Arts, Lyft, Carvana, Tibco, and many of the world's most innovative companies use Onna. We support a variety of use cases including eDiscovery, information governance, knowledge management, data managed / archiving, and compliance with data protection laws. Our growing team is looking for passionate, enterprising, and impactful Account Executive to expand our strategic business in the U.S.
What will be your mission?
As a Business Development Representative you will be the first point of contact for prospecting and qualifying potential clients to help our sales team build a full pipeline.
You will work directly with Director and the team on to driving awareness and interest for our market-leading central information access point solution
What will make you succeed in the position?
- 1+ year of sales experience; SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales Development are a plus
- 1+ year of experience with CRM tools like Salesforce and Hubspot, Outreach, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Knowledge of sales methodologies like BANT, MEDDIC, Sandler
- Proven success in other fast-paced startup sales environments
- You have excellent communication skills: you communicate with confidence via phone, email, social, and in-person and are able to build long-term strategic relationships with customers and prospects at all levels
- You’re entrepreneurial: you create and own your success, and you’re excited to define the playbook for the BDR role here at Onna
- You’re a multitasker: you’re able to drive multiple accounts simultaneously, each at different stages and complexity
- You're creative, always approaching obstacles with outside-the-box thinking
- You’re empathetic and customer-focused: you truly understand our customer’s needs and you’re always willing and prepared to go the extra mile for them
How will you achieve it?
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and distribute outbound/inbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Work through a Named Account list in conjunction with an Account Executive in a pod structure
- Build target account lists and craft successful sequences
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date data for all prospects, contacts, and accounts in our CRM
- Research prospects and their companies to empower the Sales team before scheduled meetings
- Refine basic internal sales collateral
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Enterprise Client Success teams to share knowledge, resources, best practices, SOPs, and help develop procedures throughout the company
- Own the lead workflow process to directly impact our sales number
What is it like to work at Onna?
- A collaborative team environment: At Onna, collaboration is in our DNA. We get results by working together on deals and elevating everybody’s strengths.
- Digital First environment: Our communication channels are sounding boards to ask questions, bounce around ideas, and solve problems or address customer requirements within minutes.
- Thrive in our culture of growth: We strive to nurture careers by welcoming feedback and encouraging both mentorship and promotions. There are endless opportunities at Onna, whether you’re interested in deepening your role or expanding knowledge beyond your current department.
- Feel included with top-down transparency: No matter their role, our people are approachable, supportive and accessible. You’ll feel comfortable asking questions from day one.
- Evolving with our product: As an Onna ambassador, you’ll be proud of our product. You’ll be helping customers regain their sanity by discovering more and collaborating better. What’s more, our use cases are growing every day.
- Strike a true work-life balance: Onna emphasizes your mental well-being so you can do your best work and feel good about it, too. Flexible paid time off, Onna Wellbeing Days, and a day off on your birthday, ensure that you never feel guilty about taking care of yourself and enjoying hard-earned vacations.
- Collaborate with authentic people you can rely on: Our culture is defined by friendliness, collaboration and common sense. At a personal level, you’ll feel safe to be your authentic self and excited to work with everyone you meet. On a professional level, you’ll feel that your team has your back through thick and thin.
Company benefits with you in mind
At Onna, we truly care about each other. To nurture your career with us, we create a culture of openness and offer plenty of resources to support your growth, mental health and well-being:
- Competitive salary package, including an annual bonus and equity.
- Recharge and disconnect with our flexible paid time off policy.
- We all take a break with quarterly Onna Wellbeing Days.
- Home-office setup budget so you can create your ideal remote workspace.
- Monthly stipend to support working from home
- Competitive health insurance package, based on your region.
- 401(k) with matching contribution (US).
- Yearly learning and development budget.
- Take your birthday off. Birthday on a weekend? Choose a day and enjoy.
In short, if you are looking for your next adventure where you can continue to grow personally and professionally, achieve real work-life balance, and work on a very collaborative team with authentic people you can rely on…
Something looks off?