Sr. Corporate Counsel, Commercial
Lucid Software is the leader in visual collaboration, helping teams see and build the future from idea to reality. We hold true to our core values: innovation in everything we do, passion & excellence in every area, individual empowerment, initiative and ownership, and teamwork over ego. At Lucid, we value diversity and are dedicated to creating an environment and culture that is respectful and inclusive for everyone. Lucid is a hybrid workplace. We promote a healthy work-life balance by allowing employees to work remotely, from one of our offices, or a combination of the two depending on the needs of the role and team.
Since the company’s founding, Lucid Software has received numerous global and regional recognitions for its products, business, and workplace culture. These include being named a Fortune Best Workplace in Technology and a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, inclusion on the Forbes Cloud 100, and ranking in the top 100 on G2’s 2023 Best Global Software Companies. Top businesses use our products all around the world, including customers such as Google, GE, and NBC Universal. Our partners include industry leaders such as Google, Atlassian, and Microsoft.
Lucid is seeking a talented and energetic lawyer with expertise in customer and vendor relationships within the SaaS technology industry. The role involves drafting, negotiating, and advising on customer contracts, procurement arrangements (including software, facilities, professional advisory, and marketing relationships) and supporting Lucid’s procurement process.
The role reports to the Director of Legal, Commercial and can be worked remotely from an approved location in the United States.
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate SaaS subscription and other commercial agreements
- Support the needs of our global sales teams to manage the contracting process and drive deals to closure
- Advise stakeholders regarding relevant issues and risks in our commercial contracts, and ensure our agreements reflect our internal corporate policies and processes
- Support business teams in structuring transactions, and drafting and negotiating agreements with vendors, including all forms of procurement, service, and technology agreements
- Proactively manage vendor relationships, software renewals and reduce the time that the business must spend on procurement negotiation and approvals
- Work closely with Lucid’s legal compliance team to ensure a continuous flow of information regarding vendors with access to personal information
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to shape and improve Lucid’s commercial team policies and processes to enable both legal and business functions to scale effectively, and develop training materials on relevant topics
- Undergraduate and Juris Doctor from highly regarded schools and member of a state bar
- 7+ years combined legal experience in a software company and/or in a law firm counseling rapid-growth technology companies
- Strong, demonstrated experience negotiating complex enterprise B2B SaaS agreements with customers and vendors
- An up-to-date familiarity and strong understanding of global data privacy laws and regulations, with experience negotiating DPAs with customers and vendors
- Experience reviewing information security programs and requirements
- Experience creating and scaling processes, policies, and systems to help streamline, simplify, and automate commercial legal functions for a rapidly growing company
- Sound and practical legal and business judgment with the ability to assess risks and communicate those risks to business partners in plain English
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Curious and motivated to elevate Lucid’s legal department to the next level
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, Conga, Coupa or other similar technologies
- Experience in supporting SaaS sales departments as an internal client
- Experience negotiating with EDU or government customers