Senior Frontend Engineer, Accessibility
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why you should join the Component Library team as an Accessibility Engineer:
As a Senior Accessibility engineer, you will play a key role in ensuring our digital products are accessible to users of all abilities. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, designers, and product managers, to implement and advocate for best practices in web accessibility. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of accessibility standards, experience conducting audits, and a passion for creating inclusive online experiences.
How you will make a difference:
- Help design, build, and maintain critical components used to construct Klaviyo’s frontend, across the whole product.
- Write documentation to improve component adoption.
- Work on foundational areas to help us internationalize Klaviyo, and make it more accessible and performant.
- The code you write will help empower tens of thousands of Klaviyo customers daily to gain more value from the platform.
- Your work will directly contribute to improving engineer velocity across the organization.
Who You Are:
- Have 3-5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years experience working in React.
- 3+ years focused on auditing and remediating accessibility issues in React.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, and general web best practices. Excited to work on the foundational areas of the product, with an understanding that your work must be heavily tested throughout the application to ensure successful rollout
- Strong affinity for frontend usability, performance, and accessibility.
- Flexible working across teams.
- Highly collaborative and communicative.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience working with a large frontend application at scale.
- Experience collaborating with a design team or working with a design system.
- Experience contributing to or working directly on a component library.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.