Manager, Customer Growth US Sales - Upper SMB (Boston)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The SMB Customer Growth Sales Manager will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and leading a team of Account Executives that sell into Klaviyo’s install base. The manager will drive sales development, hold direct reports accountable to their KPIs, effectively operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and provide Senior Sales Leadership with accurate forecasts and any notable updates or learnings from the field.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Manage the accuracy of the forecast and identify lead indicators of success
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence and adapt your communication and/or coaching style accordingly to your direct reports
- Drive efforts in generating and closing cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Train, develop, and build out an ongoing skills analysis aimed at designing a scalable curriculum for improvement/advancement
- Collaborate across various internal teams to ensure a positive customer experience and a progressive internal workflow
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and retain top talent
- Oversee and inspect the daily workflow of their team in order to promote KPI accountability and identify coaching opportunities
- Identify and address gaps in performance or areas for improvement and build strategic coaching plans
- Weekly 1:1s with direct reports
- Weekly team meetings that motivate and enable the team around key objectives
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Share constructive and timely career development discussions
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of Account Executive experience - experience in high-transaction sales preferred.
- Proven track record of being a consistent top sales performer - experience in the MarTech space a plus.
- 1+ years of team lead and/or management experience, a plus
- Knowledge of how to effectively manage 1:1s, team meetings, and a consistent overall cadence with the team
- Experience with opportunities that have mixed levels of complexity
- Passionate about training and development
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Data-driven, detail oriented, organized, and a self-starter
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience, a Bachelor’s degree or above a plus.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.