Senior Solution Architect- Pre Sales (Boston)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
At Klaviyo, the Sales team prides themselves on being marketing and product experts. While most companies hire Solutions Architects to just give demos, fill out questionnaires, and only explain setups, that makes us yawn. As a Solution Architect for Strategic Sales, you will be responsible for facilitating long term, deep relationships with the prospects to help drive our market-leading position in the owned marketing space.
So what do we do as Solution Architects? We work directly with our customers to build technical champions, and help envision how Klaviyo could be used and integrated within our customers' tech stacks. We dive deep, take a consultant-first mindset, and develop solutions that ensure long term success for our customers. We use these engagements as an opportunity to learn, prototype, and ship meaningful improvements to the Klaviyo experience. We look for interesting problems and aim for solutions that are extensible and reusable.
A few things our team has recently built as part of our engagements include: new productized integrations; ETL approaches using our API’s; test/demo environments that continuously update with real-time data; and a custom Chrome extension. In short, we look for problem-solvers and builders. We believe simple things should be easy and hard things should be possible.
If you’re a creator that gets excited by driving technical success and prototyping new solutions - all within the context of influencing direct strategic sales - this could be for you. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to be part of an extremely high-performing, strategically-important team that works at the exciting intersection of engineering, sales, and customer engagement.
We are looking for this Solution Architect to be based out of our Boston office to support our East Coast customers and sales team.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- You will be playing a critical role in working with our mid-market and enterprise sales team as we work to hit Klaviyo’s revenue targets.
- You will become a complete expert in the Klaviyo experience, from understanding the data pipelines and code base of our integrations to understanding technical tradeoffs between different implementations.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource, educating team members as well as prospects/customers to provide a consistently positive Klaviyo experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships during engagements across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of Klaviyo.
- Be a voice of our emerging customer needs while working closely with our Developer Experience team and Product teams.
- Solve problems manually as needed and automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Klaviyo product over time.
Who You Are:
- Proven ability to track, and learn from, the ever-changing technical landscape and incorporate modern, optimized solutions to high-value problems.
- Impress prospects at any level, from executive to developer with the capability to persuade technical stakeholders.
- Make and meet commitments, both internal and external.
- 3+ years in a role leading technical, project-based teams, ideally within a high growth SaaS company
- Embrace failure as an opportunity to improve
The starting pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.