Senior Leaves & Accommodations Analyst
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why You Should Join the Benefits Team!
We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less. We’re looking for a passionate Senior Leaves and Accommodations Analyst to join our Benefits team. This Senior Leaves and Accommodations Analyst will play a key role in the administration of absence and accommodations programs across the company.
How You Will Make a Difference:
The Senior Leaves and Accommodations Analyst is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of employee leave programs and accommodation requests. This role ensures compliance with federal and state regulations while providing support and guidance to employees, managers, and HR Business Partners. The Senior Leaves and Accommodations Analyst will draw upon their extensive experience to navigate complex leave cases and ensure fair and equitable accommodations.
Leave Program Management:
- Oversee and administer all types of employee leave programs, including FMLA, ADA, state-specific leaves, and company-specific leave policies.
- Partner with the Payroll team to ensure all employees on a leave of absence are paid accurately in conjunction with concurrent company, state, and federal paid leave plans each pay period.
- Act as the main point of contact for any Leaves vendors and third party administrators for claim communications and coordination.
- Review, process, and track leave requests, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Maintain comprehensive leave records, tracking balances, approvals, and documentation.
- Collaborate with employees, managers, and HR Business Partners to manage accommodation requests under the ADA and other applicable laws.
- Conduct interactive discussions to determine reasonable accommodations, implementing solutions that ensure equitable treatment and access.
Compliance and Policy Development:
- Stay current on federal and state leave and accommodation laws and regulations, ensuring company policies and practices align with legal requirements.
- Assist in developing, updating, and communicating leave and accommodation policies and procedures.
Employee Support and Training:
- Serve as a resource for employees, managers, and HR Business Partners providing guidance on leave and accommodation processes, eligibility, and rights.
- Conduct training sessions for HR and management to educate them on leave and accommodation policies and best practices.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare and distribute necessary leave and accommodation-related documentation, including approval letters, forms, and notices.
- Generate reports and metrics related to leave usage and accommodation requests for management and compliance purposes.
- Owns and executes on the LOA/ADA standard operating procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR, with a strong focus on leave management and accommodations.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state leave laws, including FMLA and ADA, and accommodation best practices.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage complex cases effectively.
- Proficiency in Workday or other HRIS systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
The starting pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.