Engineering Manager, Reviews
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why You Should Join the Reviews Team
Reviews is a new offering at Klaviyo that provides our customers with the ability to record product reviews on their ecommerce store. Our reviews offering allows for easy installation, integrates seamlessly with the rest of the product and an easy to use onsite experience that enables our customers to record reviews on their products. As we have recently launched we’re looking to build on the momentum and expand our offering quickly. We are looking for a hands on technical manager to lead a team that can iterate quickly and enjoys working on a fast paced team. Please note that this role is located in Boston and requires an onsite component.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- You will be the engineering manager of the reviews team, working on impactful customer facing features that will make our product the best in the industry.
- You will work closely with your engineering team members alongside Product, Design, and Leadership to determine the priority of the most impactful work for the reviews team.
- You will grow team members into leaders on the reviews team and across the organization.
- You will work with relevant stakeholders to set the intermediate to long term vision for the team
- You will be responsible for hiring new engineering team members as we continue to grow our team
Who You Are:
- Thrives in a startup/entrepreneurial type environment that is fast paced, customer focused, and strategic
- You enjoy staying hands on and have experience building full stack applications
- You have been an Engineering Manager for a team before
- You have hired a successful team member before
- You have mentored an individual to become a technical leader on the team
- You have led and implemented larger cross team technical projects
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django, Celery
- Postgres, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and other DevOps tools
The starting pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.