Product Support Engineer - EMEA
Who we are
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search.
Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
What we do
At Kentik, we place a premium on customer satisfaction and pride ourselves on our ability to provide top notch support for our products and platform. As we continue to grow our product offerings at a rapid pace, we are also growing our dedicated Product Support team that is focused on the full lifecycle of customer support from within engineering (Tier 2 support). This engineering role will focus heavily on answering questions and solving issues presented by users of our products. As part of supporting users, you will learn about how we achieve our extremely high scale and become an expert in various facets of our system implementation and architecture.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
What you'll do
You will be joining a small but growing Product Support team focused on supporting our internal and external customers. You will triage and troubleshoot issues as they arise as well as submit PRs to directly fix bugs in our product. You will collaborate internally with engineering as well as cross functionally with SEs and CSEs.
- Manage triage and coordinating prioritization of inbound support tickets
- Work on high-visibility, often challenging debugging scenarios
- Daily collaboration with your team and your peers in Customer Success and Field Engineering
- Regular collaboration with development teams and our technical operations group as you debug and escalate issues internally within the engineering team
- Participation on customer calls as required
What you'll bring
Studies have shown that some candidates tend to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the criteria - even if you don’t match all of the qualifications, your skills and experience could be valuable in this role!
- A desire to learn something new about our product and platform every day
- Strong analytical and technical skills to break down complex technical problems and provide real-world solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple thought tracks at once -- tickets can vary widely
- Leveraged multiple tools such as databases/SQL, logs, metrics, code repositories in conjunction with each other to understand and debug complex issues
- Experience with Security and Network Monitoring (NetFlow, IPFIX, Syslog, SNMP, Packet Capture, Event Logs, Agents, custom scripting)
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Github, Zendesk, PosgreSQL, Kibana
- Great collaboration with coworkers or customers on projects or problems, even in tense situations or with tight timelines
- Must reside in Europe, with the ability to work Central or Eastern European Time (CET/EET) Standard hours
Nice to haves:
- Experience quickly crafting code to conduct analysis or solve problems, or even fix bugs in production software
- Experience with Monitoring Solutions (Wireshark for TCP/IP packet analysis, SolarWinds, Splunk, New Relic, Kentik)
- Experience training and mentoring new technical/product support team members
What we offer
Kentik is a fully remote company that operates globally. We seek professionals that will help us thrive as an organization, and in turn, to broaden and enhance your career. We’re very thorough in the interview process to understand your skills and how they will relate to your successful growth here at Kentik. Our compensation philosophy encompasses a fair program for all in order to attract, engage and retain talented individuals who will drive our business and wow our customers.
In addition to a great career opportunity, Kentik offers stellar benefits for our employees, which include:
- 100% of premiums are paid by company for health, vision and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Additionally, an annual Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) of $3,000 for an individual or $4,500 for a family
- Paid family & medical leave
- Open PTO, a quarterly Wellness Day, and a minimum of 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement account
- Home office reimbursement
- Stock options
Note: Benefits are as listed for all US full-time employees. For compensation, international applicants will be treated equitably in relation to the laws applicable within the countries in which we operate
Come work with us
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We’re committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging, and is represented at Kentik.
We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture.
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, and people of any age or family status.
Come as you are!
You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup alongside industry thought leaders and network aficionados as we build the future of observability and set the high bar for how network operations and digital businesses should run. With a competitive salary and amazing benefits on top of the meaningful and challenging projects you’ll take on, we’re sure you’ll enjoy joining the Kentik team.