Channel Sales Manager - US East
Who we are
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search.
Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
What we do
We are expanding our sales organization and are looking for a self-motivated Regional Channel Manager with a hunter mentality who can work in an extremely fast-paced revenue-driven environment to accelerate our goal to be Channel First towards our customers.
What you'll do
This is an individual contributor and quota-carrying position, reporting to the VP Global Channels. The desired location for this role is on the East Coast (United States), covering Eastern US + LATAM.
Together with your channel partners, you will identify & source sales opportunities that align with the ideal customer profile, accelerate new customer acquisitions, and meet all sales objectives and bookings targets in accordance with our growth expectations. If you are highly organized with an entrepreneurial mindset, this is a great opportunity and we want to talk to you!
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory strategy for new customer wins via new and existing partners to rapidly expand the pipeline, POV, and closed won ARR
- Diligently manage pricing discussions, pipeline, leading to accurate forecasting with the local sales & sales leadership team
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with new and existing enterprise channel partners & their enterprise customers, and work closely with CS, customers, and their channel partners to drive increased market adoption of Kentik’s solution
- Achieve QoQ growth in your territory
- Work collaboratively with the Account Executives, SE, and Marketing teams to build demand gen programs that generate net new pipeline with your partners in your territory
- Ability and comfortable doing first calls with partners to clients, and performing a demo
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors and industry trends
- Travel is a requirement and you must be able to travel domestically and internationally
What you'll bring
Studies have shown that some candidates tend to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the criteria - even if you don’t match all of the qualifications, your skills and experience could be valuable in this role!
- 7+ years of sales experience in the networking, monitoring, and/or security fields working for a technology or SaaS vendor selling software to, through, and with Channel Partners to their end customers
- Geographically located on the East Coast (US), with additional fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding quota selling to large accounts via partners, ideally in a SaaS-based vendor or partner
- Extensive experience & demonstrable track record in recruiting & developing channels in the Eastern US & LATAM resulting in demonstrable ARR and new-name customer acquisition with partners in the region
- Strong pipeline management skills and forecasting of territory performance
- Ability to position new technology, present to technical practitioners, sales teams, and C-level executives, and map strong product functionality to business value to partners and support them in their customer discussions
- Aptitude building channel partnerships around complex technical-led sales motions
- Experience working with a comprehensive tool stack including SFDC, Pendo, PRM, Mindtickle, Google G-Suite, Gong etc.
- Interested in new technology, technically curious, and has the desire to be a part of a dynamic and fast-paced startup
- Understand how to grow channel business with appropriate measurement & reporting
- Strategic thinking, and experience with the major marketplaces (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent communication skills, and a consultative approach to helping colleagues embrace Channel First
- Able to work flexible hours to suit business needs, where colleagues are dispersed globally
What we offer
Kentik is a fully remote company that operates globally. We seek professionals that will help us thrive as an organization, and in turn, to broaden and enhance your career. We’re very thorough in the interview process to understand your skills and how they will relate to your successful growth here at Kentik. Our compensation philosophy encompasses a fair program for all in order to attract, engage and retain talented individuals who will drive our business and wow our customers.
The base salary range for this position is: $116,025 - $156,975, with an expected overall targeted earnings (OTE) range of: $193,375 - $261,625. The salary range and OTE reflect the low and high end of the U.S. range Kentik reasonably and generally expects to pay the hired candidate in this role. The actual salary offered may be lower or higher than the stated range depending on various factors, including but not limited to:
- Experience with the skill sets required for success
- Demonstrated competencies and potential
- A geographic market-based approach
In addition to a great career opportunity, Kentik offers stellar benefits for our employees, which include:
- 100% of premiums are paid by company for health, vision and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Additionally, an annual Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) of $3,000 for an individual or $4,500 for a family
- Paid family & medical leave
- Open PTO, a quarterly Wellness Day, and a minimum of 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement account
- Home office reimbursement
- Stock options
Note: Benefits are as listed for all US full-time employees. For compensation, international applicants will be treated equitably in relation to the laws applicable within the countries in which we operate.
Come work with us
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We’re committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging, and is represented at Kentik.
We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture.
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, and people of any age or family status.
Come as you are!
You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup alongside industry thought leaders and network aficionados as we build the future of observability and set the high bar for how network operations and digital businesses should run. With a competitive salary and amazing benefits on top of the meaningful and challenging projects you’ll take on, we’re sure you’ll enjoy joining the Kentik team.