Sr Director, Product Marketing
Who we are
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search.
Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
What we do
You are a network performance expert who has built successful GTM strategies for the enterprise. You understand the challenges faced by network, cloud, infrastructure, and security teams. You love creating narratives, you excel at crafting messaging that resonates, and you take the extra steps to deeply understand customer pain points and use cases. You are energized by leading great teams, and you inspire others.
What you'll do
- Drive product marketing efforts, including positioning, messaging, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategy, storytelling, and product launches; support integrated marketing and demand campaigns
- Define and communicate value propositions that differentiate Kentik
- Build strong relationships with Kentik GTM and Product leaders, key partners, and analysts
- Oversee and produce exceptional external-facing content, including core collateral, customer stories, webinars, e-books, videos, and more
- Promote strong feedback loops with the product, sales, and customer success teams to craft compelling stories
- Enable the sales team on customer use cases, Kentik values propositions, and market trends and dynamics
What you'll bring
Studies have shown that some candidates tend to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the criteria - even if you don’t match all of the qualifications, your skills and experience could be valuable in this role!
- 8+ years of experience crafting clever, attention-grabbing content, while also driving it home with the goods — technical analysis, guidance, and how-to details that are actually useful and build trust with our key audiences
- Knowledgeable about network infrastructures, including hybrid cloud, Internet, edge, WAN/SD-WAN, as well as network concepts, including routing, switching, BGP, MPLS, and NetFlow/IPFIX/sFlow
- Confidence in your understanding of network, cloud, and security teams
- Strong leadership skills - able to influence, set goals, communicate, and drive projects across cross-functional teams and the company
- Curiosity and empathy, and a willingness to directly contribute to projects
- Data-driven mindset and strategic problem solving skills
What we offer
Kentik is a fully remote company that operates globally. We seek professionals that will help us thrive as an organization, and in turn, to broaden and enhance your career. We’re very thorough in the interview process to understand your skills and how they will relate to your successful growth here at Kentik. Our compensation philosophy encompasses a fair program for all in order to attract, engage and retain talented individuals who will drive our business and wow our customers.
The compensation range for this position is: $241,000 - $326,000. This range reflects the low and high end of the U.S. compensation range Kentik reasonably and generally expects to pay the hired candidate in this role. The actual compensation offered may be lower or higher than the stated range depending on various factors, including but not limited to:
- Experience with the skill sets required for success
- Demonstrated competencies and potential
- A geographic market-based approach
In addition to a great career opportunity, Kentik offers stellar benefits for our employees, which include:
- 100% of premiums are paid by company for health, vision and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Additionally, an annual Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) of $3,000 for an individual or $4,500 for a family
- Paid family & medical leave
- Open PTO, a quarterly Wellness Day, and a minimum of 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement account
- Home office reimbursement
- Stock options
Note: Benefits are as listed for all US full-time employees. For compensation, international applicants will be treated equitably in relation to the laws applicable within the countries in which we operate.
Come work with us
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We’re committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging, and is represented at Kentik.
We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture.
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, and people of any age or family status.
Come as you are!
You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup alongside industry thought leaders and network aficionados as we build the future of observability and set the high bar for how network operations and digital businesses should run. With a competitive salary and amazing benefits on top of the meaningful and challenging projects you’ll take on, we’re sure you’ll enjoy joining the Kentik team.