AI Prompt Engineer
About the Role
As an AI Prompt Engineer you will build, test, and scale LLM prompts in a small, fast-moving team. In this role, you will use entry-level Python as well as LLMs. You will manipulate prompts to better understand our users, our marketplace experts, and improve our chatbot experience, driving revenue and strategic outcomes at every step. You know how to process data at scale and are comfortable making decisions based on that information. As an AI Prompt Engineer you will blend operational LLM support with company-wide outreach to enable teams across the organization to get more out of their prompts. You should be self-directed and have keen judgment about moving projects to completion.
What You’ll Do
- Practical intermediate LLM prompt engineering
- Core competency using LLMs to process large data swaths, create desired outcomes, and shape bot logic
- Use Excel and basic analysis tools to evaluate the efficiency of the LLM prompts
- Experience improving products and customer experience with A/B testing
- Optimize existing conversation flows and build new ones that engage, convert, and support customers
- Conduct linguistic and functional quality assurance of chatbots
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify new testing opportunities and conversational strategies
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in conversation design, software engineering, or computational linguistics
- 1+ year(s) of experience in prompt engineering
- Extensive LLM experience, in particular with prompt engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, linguistics, computational Linguistics, or a related field
- Strong knowledge in developing chatbots or working on AI projects
- Intermediate Python, Regular Expression, C++ or equivalent software development experience to pre/post process data
- Exceptional logical, analytical, and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of NLP techniques, libraries, or toolkits
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent business judgement and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction and work autonomously once briefed
- Understanding technologies and platforms such as Dialogflow, Watson, LUIS, etc. and how they impact conversation designs
- Proficiency PowerBI and/or Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Agile or experience working in scrum sprints
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with Azure Boards, Asana, and/or related project management suites
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 20 years, we have helped 22 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 25 million questions.
Why Join the Team
With 1,000+ employees, we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Fully Remote Work Environment
- Competitive Pay
- United Healthcare PPO, Kaiser
- FSA and HSA options, including Dependent Care Spending
- Dental & Vision
- Employer paid Long & Short - Term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- $75 monthly Remote-Work stipend
- $360 annual Wellness stipend
- $200 per year for registration fees for fitness events, races, and marathons
- Flexible time off
- 11 company holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable donation matching
- JustAnswer subscription with access to 12,000 experts in over 700 categories
And let's not forget having fun! Our Minister of Fun organizes weekly pop-up lotteries for prizes, monthly virtual bingo, trivia competitions, photo contests, puzzles, virtual mixed-team lunches, and spirited company-wide challenges!
Remote From these States
Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
JustAnswer will provide pay transparency information upon application to those in qualifying jurisdictions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.