Vice President, Analytics
About the Role
As the Vice President of Analytics, you are at the heart of our data driven culture. You will lead an international team of product analysts, automation specialists, and their leaders. In this role, you’ll deliver significant business impact by identifying high quality insights and recommendations that are grounded in your ability to combine strategic thinking and problem solving with well-thought-through analysis. You will be our Analytics visionary leader, and you’ll foster a culture of innovation that will give rise to ground-breaking new business opportunities.
As the Vice President of Analytics, you’ll harness the power of controlled testing, predictive ML, and generative AI to build products that help millions of people across the world.
What You’ll Do
- Own performance management and career development for analytics leaders and practitioners while growing strategic thinkers focused on key business questions and impact.
- Work with company initiative teams to drive our testing program, ensuring that we use the best tools to drive bold tests that have the potential to transform the business. This includes A/B, multivariate, Bayesian, sequential, pre-post, causal impact analysis and more. You are
- essential to driving growth.
- Research and implement advanced analytics and new methodologies including predictive ML models and generative AI (LLMs) to drive both business impact and to improve the effectiveness of the Analytics department.
- Evangelize new developments effectively across the organization.
- Understand all aspects of our business from acquisition to conversion funnel to fulfilment and retention in order to provide insights and recommendations that drive operational improvements, improve the customer experience, and deliver fresh hypotheses for improving the product.
- Participate in the company strategic planning process. Help turn our vision to be customers’ first choice for professional services into strategy and connect the company strategy to the analytics vision and OKRs.
- Work with data engineering to ensure that we have a reliable and trustworthy data pipeline. Ensure that the business has access to the data needed to support rapid and effective decision making.
- Anticipate future needs and build the right foundation to support analytics, experimentation, data science and AI/ML.
What We’re Looking For
- 10-15+ years of experience in a senior analytics role.
- An exceptional people leader who succeeds by growing the leaders and individual contributors on your team(s).
- Demonstrable expertise in the theory and practical application of A/B testing, Bayesian inference, pre-post testing and similar tools that support a data driven culture.
- Experience leading and driving an experimentation program.
- Proven experience in driving business value with predictive and/or generative ML.
- Deep understanding of how to drive effective decision making by democratizing access to data.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
- When needed, ability to write SQL and Python scripts and perform ad hoc analysis directly.
- B2C and/or E-commerce experience.
- Endless intellectual curiosity, desire to continuously learn about the fast-changing technology landscape.
- An advanced degree in a highly related discipline (e.g. Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics).
- Experience with international management and leading and developing teams across various regions.
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 20 years, we have helped 22 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 25 million questions.
Why Join the Team
With 1,000+ employees, we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Fully Remote Work Environment
- Competitive Pay
- United Healthcare PPO, Kaiser
- FSA and HSA options, including Dependent Care Spending
- Dental & Vision
- Employer paid Long & Short - Term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- $75 monthly Remote-Work stipend
- $360 annual Wellness stipend
- $200 per year for registration fees for fitness events, races, and marathons
- Flexible time off
- 11 company holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable donation matching
- JustAnswer subscription with access to 12,000 experts in over 700 categories
And let's not forget having fun! Our Minister of Fun organizes weekly pop-up lotteries for prizes, monthly virtual bingo, trivia competitions, photo contests, puzzles, virtual mixed-team lunches, and spirited company-wide challenges!
Remote From these States
Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
JustAnswer will provide pay transparency information upon application to those in qualifying jurisdictions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.