Senior ML Engineer
About the Role
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will primarily work on various supervised and reinforced ML problems. Our ML team is developing models for classification, clustering, and regression tasks. Working knowledge of Bayesian statistics and reinforcement learning algorithms is a plus.
As an ML Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to not only work with state-of-the-art Large Language Models, and existing datasets that span for years of historical customer data; gather and analyze new features best suitable for your tasks, and train state-of-the-art ML models, but also help build new processes to collect the required data points and collaborate with other teams to integrate your ML models into Web, mobile or database applications.
What You’ll Do
- Gathering and analyzing data sources; developing data insights and preparing data for use in ML algorithms
- Building scalable and efficient models on large datasets to solve various classification, clustering or regression tasks
- Using state of the art ML techniques and applying transfer learning
- Integrating ML models into existing or new applications using the CI/CD approach
- Maintenance of ML models in production environment (monitoring, performance optimizations, tracking etc.)
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience developing ML models
- 2+ years of full-stack development preferably in a startup engineering environment using various programming languages
- Deep understanding of ML algorithms and concepts. Ability to efficiently use deep learning. Record of solving problems with these methods
- Proficiency in solving of NLP problems
- Strong proficiency in querying and manipulating large datasets for analytical purposes using SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Strong proficiency in Python for ML
- Proficiency with data visualization tools
- Bachelor’s Degree — preferably a Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 20 years, we have helped 22 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 25 million questions.
Why Join the Team
With 1,000+ employees, we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Time off throughout the year (paid and unpaid)
- Professional development support and encouragement
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free membership to dive into JA product
JustAnswer UA has adopted a remote-first work environment from all UA regions. Some teams do occasionally have the option to meet in-person for teaming, collaboration, or social events. Our philosophy as a business is to put people’s safety and wellbeing first. In response to Covid-19, JustAnswer UA practices 100% virtual recruiting and onboarding processes.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.