Director, Financial Analytics
About the Role
As the Director of Strategic Finance, you will be at the forefront of our financial strategy, contributing to the development and execution of key financial initiatives that drive growth, profitability, and long-term sustainability. This position will play a critical role in shaping the financial direction of the company by providing strategic insights using SQL, financial analysis, and leadership to cross-functional teams. As the Director of Strategic Finance, you play a critical role in helping the organization make informed strategic decisions by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data to drive informed business decisions and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the financial success and strategic direction of a dynamic company.
What You’ll Do
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to inform strategic decisions.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data related to the strategic performance.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop metrics to measure and track strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in the development and execution of the plan.
- Collaborate with business leaders to Provide actionable recommendations based on data findings.
- Prepare and present strategic reports and presentations for senior management and key stakeholders.
- Create dashboards and visualizations to Provide KPI and other metrics to leadership.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in Strategic Finance, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate complex financial concepts to non-finance stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience in consumer tech/ecommerce/marketplace industries a plus.
- Advanced SQL and data querying skills required.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) and statistical software is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling.
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 20 years, we have helped 22 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 25 million questions.
Why Join the Team
With 1,000+ employees, we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Fully Remote Work Environment
- Competitive Pay
- United Healthcare PPO, Kaiser
- FSA and HSA options, including Dependent Care Spending
- Dental & Vision
- Employer paid Long & Short - Term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- $75 monthly Remote-Work stipend
- $360 annual Wellness stipend
- $200 per year for registration fees for fitness events, races, and marathons
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your home
- Flexible time off
- 11 company holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable donation matching
- JustAnswer subscription with access to 12,000 experts in over 700 categories
And let's not forget having fun! Our Minister of Fun organizes weekly pop-up lotteries for prizes, monthly virtual bingo, trivia competitions, photo contests, puzzles, virtual mixed-team lunches, and spirited company-wide challenges!
Remote From these States
California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia
JustAnswer will provide pay transparency information upon application to those in qualifying jurisdictions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.