Software Engineer II
About the Role
At JustAnswer, we have an excellent global software development team with members in San Francisco, Ukraine, and India. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled, and purposeful experienced Full-Stack Developer. Our main goal is to make fast, affordable Expert help available to people everywhere. We help people solve problems and answer questions by connecting them online with doctors, lawyers, vets, mechanics, tech support, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and Maintain Web Applications.
- Follow effective Agile processes in teams and suggest improvements.
- Engineer quality into our product with unit testing and integration testing.
- Refactor the code base regularly, improving code quality and deployment frequency.
- Participate in reviewing designs and codes of peer software engineers.
- Work with stakeholders to balance business priorities with development time.
- Work with Technical Operations to ensure your features meet service-level objectives for run times and reliability.
What We’re Looking for
- 4+ years of experience in C#, ASP.NET MVC.
- Strong experience in .NET Core and .NET Framework 4.0 or above including ADO.NET etc.
- Strong experience in MVC web frameworks, Web Forms.
- Experience in working with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, PowerShell, Maven, Jenkins, and SCM tools like GIT, SVN, TFS, etc.
- Experience with Relational Database Modeling.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Ability to deliver consistently at a high level of quality within weekly Agile cycles.
- Must be a creative problem solver who is self-motivated with effective communication skills and a track record of high productivity.
- BE or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns, SOA design & web service development.
- Schedule flexibility to collaborate with team members in San Francisco (UTC + 8) & Ukraine (UTC + 2).
- Experience in ML would be value added.
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
Why Join the Team
With 1,000+ employees, we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
JustAnswer, India has adopted a remote-first/hybrid work environment in most locations. Some teams occasionally have the option to meet in person for teaming, collaboration, or social events. With employee well-being as a top priority, where legally permissible, employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend these optional in-person events.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.