Product Designer, Messaging
Iterable is the most powerful customer communication platform that enables brands like Doordash, Calm, Fender and Zoopla to deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized and dynamic communications at scale. Iterable’s data engine, ease of use, and flexible and open architecture makes it the best platform to close the data activation gap by bringing together customer data, ability to design the experiences, deliver them and optimize them. All in one platform. We’ve surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Priceline, Dotdash meredith, and Care.com rely on us to captivate their many millions of users. Over 1,100 brands and businesses around the world leverage Iterable to activate their customers with joy.
Iterable helps brands unlock growth in the digital era by enabling joyful customer experiences with individualized communications based real-time behavioral data, harmonized cross-channel communications based on customer lifecycle, and dynamic always-on journeys that adapt to customer signals. Our powerful customer communication platform helps marketers manage end-to-end customer engagement programs with enterprise grade security, compliance and controls for their customers.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past five years, recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces and Fastest Growing Companies, and we were recognized on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2022. Notably, Iterable has also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List and have held a top 10 ranking on the Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and recently expanded our operations to Australia and New Zealand. Iterable’s reach extends worldwide, and we have remote employees across the globe. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Messaging team. You will help our customers by designing features that allow them to easily create and manage messages for the millions of recipients they communicate with on a daily basis. Your job is to work with a multidisciplinary team of product designers, product managers, engineers, and UX researchers to make our customers' jobs easier, allowing them to connect with their audience in a more meaningful and impactful way.
This role involves working on a diverse range of projects, such as template editors, asset management, and cross-channel campaign management for web, mobile, and email platforms, all working in harmony to amplify our customers' creative potential.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
You'll get to:
- Partner with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to lead the design of a project from conception to implementation
- Identify and facilitate the most appropriate forms of UX research and discovery, considering scope and constraints
- Prototype design decisions in varying degrees of fidelity, solving for complex problems, and to test our solutions with customers
- Assist engineering with implementation
- Help inform the design process and advocate for quality UX within a growing organization
- Provide feedback and critique to the rest of the design team, upholding and elevating our standards of quality
We are looking for people who have:
- A passion for creation tools – think website builders, photos card editors, design tools.
- Strong visual design sensibilities, with a passion for creating consumer-grade enterprise products
- An interest in the opportunities and challenges of designing for a complex product—from broad strategy and systems thinking, to a smaller-scale, component-specific UI design
- Empathy for the variety of our customers, engineers, and internal stakeholders that we work with on a day-to-day basis
- Enthusiasm for creating an enjoyable user experience
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with marketing, email, push or SMS software
- Experience working with large-scale software platform
- Experience working with a B2B SaaS company, designing and building tools that help people be better at their jobs
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Monthly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
The US base salary range for this position at the start of employment is $113,000- $175,000. Within this range, individual pay is determined by specific US work location, as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations.
Please note that the range listed above reflects only base salary. The total compensation package includes variable pay (where applicable), equity, plus a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and financial. In addition, we offer perks such as generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.