Director, Account Development
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest, and most complex institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
Instabase is a remote company rooted in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices in Menlo Park, New York, London, or Bangalore, fully remotely, or a mix of the two. At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications.
Instabase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Our Account Development Team is the growth engine for Instabase. The AD team is uniquely responsible for helping global enterprises push their pace of innovation by identifying new opportunities and challenging ordinary thinking. Our Sales team is strategically expanding our client base in the Enterprise (>$2bn Revenue) segment, and we're fueling its future growth with ADRs who are intentional about a career in sales and driven by personal growth and impact.
As the Director, Account Development, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of high performing Account Development Representatives. You and your team will lead and execute on the pipeline strategy of Instabase as we scale across the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a global AD organization across North America and Europe
- Partner with Recruiting to hire and build the AD org across the globe
- Develop ADRs into strong candidates for future field / Leadership / internal positions
- Develop processes and frameworks for optimizing AD activities (e.g. improve conversion %, reduce sales cycle time, create qualification methodology and assets)
- Report on sales activity and forecast to sales management
- Partner with other sales and cross-functional leaders on key strategies for the region.
- Drive a high-performance, high-accountability culture to achieve and exceed account development goals.
- Develop and own Leading Indicators and Key Performance Indicators for the AD team (Pipeline Gen and Progression), consistently monitor team activity and conversion data, provide insights, and run initiatives to improve performance.
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of sales, Instabase’s business model, and Instabase’s methodology. This includes coaching on territory strategy, prospecting, outreach and conversion, discovery, qualification, Instabase education, and champion building.
- Partner with RevOps to drive discipline and operational excellence with the tools available to us, including data cleanliness in SFDC.
- Relevant Leadership experience
- Successful track record in the enterprise software industry
- Top performer both as an individual contributor (IC) and people leader.
- Ability to recognize and recruit top talent
- Goal-oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Experience using and implementing a sales methodology
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize sales data to optimize sales funnel
- Proven experience successfully leading/motivating people to achieve performance goals
- Strong ability to understand an enterprise organization and develop key points of contact in multiple departments and multiple levels of leadership
- Research and data driven approach to account planning; can proactively identify opportunities from business led discussions
- Self starter who is invested in the success of the team; ability to work in a startup environment
- Vetted interest in growing career within Instabase
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!