Senior Software Engineer, AI Products
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest, and most complex institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
Instabase is a remote company rooted in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices in Menlo Park, New York, London, or Bangalore, fully remotely, or a mix of the two. At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications.
Instabase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As a Software Engineer working on Instabase products, you’ll build intuitive applications that empower our customers to leverage the latest technologies in AI/ML to tackle their hardest document understanding problems. Our tools and platform shine when facing highly unstructured documents.
What you'll do:
- Design and build robust, scalable backends that serve document and other data to the product frontend.
- Dive into the complexities of real-time data processing and develop strategies to ensure that our systems can efficiently handle the dynamic outputs of generative AI models.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to design the optimal APIs to deliver fast data interactions to end users.
- Work with product managers and designers to understand user pain points and create the best product experience.
- Be the tech lead for your projects, plan project execution and timeline, and delegate work to junior engineers.
- Interface with other engineering teams to ensure the features you own are integrated with downstream and upstream systems.
- Mentor junior engineers on engineering best practices and technical design.
- Troubleshoot production issues and contribute to improving our platform stability.
- You are passionate about software engineering design, with a deep interest and experience in the latest developments in AI/ML.
- You want to build user-facing product, and care deeply about user enablement.
- You itch to ship features quickly into the hands of users and hear their feedback.
- You love thinking about how your component fits into the broader system and can design with complex frameworks in mind.
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!