At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest, and most complex institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
Instabase is a remote company rooted in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices in Menlo Park, New York, London, or Bangalore, fully remotely, or a mix of the two. At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications.
Instabase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
As a Sales Engineer, you’re an expert in technical pre-sales, comfortable working with technical developer products, sketching out an API flow, and building great relationships with customers. In this role, you’re responsible for the technical journey the customer goes on from first meeting until technical acceptance - building technical champions, qualifying the best solution fit and value, demonstrating capabilities, and crafting responses to technical objections.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Account Executives to discover and qualify solutions that lead to strong return on investment for your customer
- Be hands-on, high-energy, and passionate about solving problems applying the Instabase platform
- Develop custom demonstrations using the Instabase developer platform tailored to a customer’s specific needs and value
- Lead deep-dive technical sessions with customer technical stakeholders on Instabase product and solutions
- Scope, communicate, and manage proof-of-value (POV) of solutions with customers
- Present to all levels of technical leadership with confidence and building trust - developers, enterprise architects, managers, and executives
- Develop reusable tools and feedback - demos, product gaps, technical guides, etc.
- 1-4 years of experience in a customer-facing sales engineering role
- Experience working with a variety of customers across different verticals i.e. insurance, financial services, healthcare, logistics, technology, etc.
- Comfortable with APIs and integration
- Proven track record of leading discovery and customer pain qualification
How you work:
- Analytical thinker - you have the ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information, identify root causes of problems, and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Intellectually curious - you’re driven by the desire to understand, empathize with the customer, and solve the root cause issue.
- Emotionally intelligent - you are highly sensitive to others and seek to align with them
- Growth Mindset - you’re constantly seeking improvement in yourself; you think big, and use your team and customer collective IQ to improve customer outcomes
- Respectful and humble - to everyone, always
<#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite>
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!