Site Reliability Engineer
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest, and most complex institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
Instabase is a remote company rooted in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices in Menlo Park, New York, London, or Bangalore, fully remotely, or a mix of the two. At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications.
Instabase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team combines the Software Engineering & Systems Engineering to build scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The team keeps a watchful eye on the System Performance, Capacity and Failure modes to ensure high availability, and ability to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Set the technical direction for your team and work with multifunctional partners to deliver on your work
- Develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- Write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- Improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working in Production Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), ProductionDevOps, or equivalent positions
- Proficiency in programming languages or scripting languages
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code / Automation tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with container orchestration systems
- Proven track record of technical leadership
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!