Senior Product Marketing Manager
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
About the role
This is an opportunity to evolve the customer strategy of a fast-growing company.
Human Interest is rapidly expanding to help more businesses offer retirement benefits to their employees and we need an experienced product marketer to help us deliver our offering to a massive but fragmented market. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Marketing, this role will help us evolve our segmentation, positioning, and messaging strategy to maximize the value we deliver to our customers.
Product marketing is a new function for our company and as one of the first hires on this team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to define our strategy. You will be obsessed with our customers and endlessly advocate for better ways to reach and serve them. This is a highly cross-functional position that will partner with our Revenue and Product teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure they have the resources they need to communicate our value proposition and differentiation.
Revenue Marketing & Enablement is the backbone of the Revenue team, supporting Sales, Partnerships, Customer Onboarding, and Customer Service teams. The Senior Product Marketing Manager is a seasoned marketer who can do the job with minimal supervision. This high visibility position will put you front-and-center in front of all Revenue teams as well as Product, Engineering, and Legal/Compliance. Whether it is a new competitor or new product launch, you will be juggling multiple projects at the same time, often with incomplete information.
You need to be a self-starter and be able to navigate the unknown. We are an outcomes-driven organization and so it is not about creating 5 pieces of content, but rather is about landing that content with the field. You’re the right fit for this role if you are comfortable with figuring things out as you go, default to action, and adapt to additional responsibilities which may span across revenue marketing, customer marketing, and sales enablement. And, as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do every day
- Perform extensive and ongoing dissection of our market to identify strategic customer segments and messaging opportunities
- Build a customer insights engine that delivers analysis and key findings to the entire company
- Own the competitive landscape by conducting thorough research on competitors and identify our unique value proposition, objection-handling, and develop resources for field teams
- Through sound reasoning surmise how to best position Human Interest to employers and plan participants, highlighting the benefits and capabilities that differentiate us
- With Product, work on developing and launching new product features and messaging accordingly
- Integrating user-experience and field feedback into product updates and innovation
- Create customer personas, customer case studies, education resources, and product training that enable our Marketing, Revenue, and Customer Success teams to better serve employers and plan participants
- Relentlessly optimize messaging based on actual results; it is never “one and done” here; we continue to improve, measure results, and iterate again
- Work closely with Partner Marketing and together determine the best way to reach our different audiences - HCM, SBOs, Accountants, Financial Advisors, etc.
- Partner with Revenue Enablement to roll-out training and talk tracks for each of our teams: Customer Service, Customer Onboarding, Sales and Partnerships.
- Map and investigate the end-to-end customer journey, partner and connect across functions to improve the experience
- Identify new omni-channel marketing campaigns opportunities for Marketing to execute
- Usher in our go-to-market strategy as we evolve our offering, including naming, positioning, and launch marketing
- Listen weekly to Gong calls to identify areas of opportunity, particularly around win/loss
- Share your analysis and recommendations with Human Interest leadership
What you will accomplish
- Across the organization, employees are consistently messaging our value prop
- We are winning more deals month-over-month
- Sales teams are confidently positioning against our competitors and our Retention team is saving more customers
- Flawless execution of product launches on schedule that prepares the field teams without last-minute scrambling
What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of marketing experience with at least 5 years in product marketing or product management
- Experience growing strategic B2B market segments with best practices you can implement on day one
- An obsession with customers and data
- A talent for identifying, communicating, and delivering value
- Meticulous organization and time management skills
- Hands-on experience managing campaigns using Salesforce and Marketo
- People management experience within a revenue marketing organization
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills – you have the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical team members
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing and sales organizations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts, and drive for excellence
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans $141,500 - $167,000 and represents the minimum in our lowest geographic region to a maximum in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; quartley lifestyle stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures