Product Partner Management, Retirement Planning
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a Partner Manager at Gusto, you’ll launch, manage, and grow partners that deliver employee benefit products with an initial focus around retirement planning (eg. 401k, 403b, etc.). You’ll also develop actionable insights by leveraging user feedback and key metrics to positively impact the customer value of partnerships. As a part of the Revenue team, you’ll regularly collaborate with business development, engineering, product, operations, marketing, customer success, sales, data science, business intelligence, finance, and more. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn, grow and solve the business problems they face.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Represent Gusto as the primary point of contact for a book of strategic partners, holding both the partner and Gusto accountable to our mutual revenue goals, SLAs, and target metrics
- Drive strategic cross-functional projects impacting the product, partner and/or operational teams
- Execute Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with C-suite partner and Gusto audiences, surfacing key learnings, trends and opportunities for the business
- Handle escalations on partnership related issues and make recommendations to alleviate pain points
- Build and iterate on processes with partners with the objective of creating efficient and scalable operations between teams
- Use data-driven analysis to influence cross-functional stakeholders on key partnership initiatives
- Roll up your sleeves to “zoom in” on small product or process details to solve problems and improve the success of the partnership
- Negotiate business terms as the partnership scales
- Own the launch execution of net new strategic partners
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of total work experience and at least 4 years of hands-on partnership experience with a proven track record of launching and growing partners that add customer value, preferably in rapidly scaling companies.
- Experience with employee benefit products, including retirement planning
- Excellent internal and external communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient at conveying partnership opportunities through data-backed business cases.
- Comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and lots of ambiguity
- Deep empathy and obsession for delivering an amazing customer experience and for making things more efficient
- “Builder mentality” - this is a highly leveraged team and you’ll be able to influence the way in which we operate as a team and how we grow it
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot tables, basic functions, etc.) and proficiency in PPT creation
- Bonus: Proficiency in SQL or Advanced Excel functions
Here’s an overview of expectations:
- Each quarter, you’ll be responsible for OKRs aligned to partnership KPIs, projects focused on growth and the overall success of the Partner Management team
- You’ll serve as our partners’ “go to” on day-to-day issues, serving as their sounding board and gathering feedback about customer experience, product and operational requests
- You build trustworthy relationships across the company; are looked to as approachable and an informed product expert
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000 - $150,000 in Denver and most remote locations and $154,000 - $181,000 in San Francisco and New York.. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.