Android Mobile Platform Engineer
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Mobile Platform Android Engineer responsible for supporting our mobile product engineering teams, owning and scaling shared services, staying up to date with all things Android while advocating for the best practices, tooling, etc, and working closely with other partner teams such as security, system design, and infrastructure. If you’re interested in building elegant scalable solutions and a strong mobile platform team, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Architect, build, test, and refine Gusto’s native Android app
- Work cross functionally with security, design systems and infrastructure to bring world-class experiences to our customers hands
- Build and scale core services such as push-notification system, localization, etc
- Improve and maintain Android and Mobile infrastructure such as build-pipelines, testing automation, release process, etc.
- Collaborate with our product management, design, and mobile product engineering teams to understand technical and customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of Kotlin-Android software engineering experience
- Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
- Experience with Android testing frameworks and best practices
- Familiarity with mobile infrastructure such as automated test environments, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience building and scaling apps
- Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on green field projects
- Strong critical thinking skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, and mentor others
- Ability to deliver high-quality code across a diverse tech stack
- Deep experience with Android tools (CI/CD, build and release systems)
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin, Compose, and/or GraphQL
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, setting milestones and deliverables for the team
Learn more about the team:
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $174,000-$220,000 for San Francisco & New York and $144,000-$180,000 for Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.