San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Grove Collaborative is looking for a technologist who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, continuous improvement environment, has a strong desire to solve the root causes of technological problems as opposed to their symptoms, strives to automate repetitive, manual and time-intensive tasks, and prides themselves on providing end users with best-in-class technical customer service.
As an IT Engineer I, you’ll play a significant and important role as part of our lean nationwide team tasked with building, maintaining and enhancing the IT infrastructure and information systems as well as supporting the users, teams and processes that power Grove's day to day operations. Approximately half of your time will be spent working on projects, and half of your time will be spent supporting the business. This position is based in the San Francisco, CA area and is a hybrid remote role. You’ll spend a couple of days working out of the office, and a couple of days working remotely. You’ll be supporting and engaging with both local and remote users, and some occasional travel for projects is required.
YOUR IMPACT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’ll procure, track, provision, deploy, maintain, decommission, and support various IT hardware assets (laptops, desktops, tablets, security systems & cameras, printers, copiers, VOIP systems & phones, routers, switches, wireless access points, audio/video equipment, etc.) in a mixed OS environment (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android).
- You’ll implement, administer, troubleshoot, and support a wide assortment of cloud-based productivity applications (Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Zoom, etc.) in a mostly serverless environment.
- You’ll design, implement, administer, troubleshoot, and support our IAM platform (Jumpcloud), and all of the associated SSO applications, directories, policies, API integrations, etc.
- You’ll design, implement, administer, troubleshoot, and support our MDM platform (Jumpcloud), and all of the associated device policies and settings, scripting, patching, etc. in a mixed OS environment (Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android).
- You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders (executives, managers, peers, end users, etc.) and 3rd party vendors to capture technical requirements for projects, coordinate execution with cross-team technical resources leveraging the scrum project management methodology, and communicate status updates with stakeholders.
- You’ll monitor and remediate common VPN, wireless, LAN, and ISP issues using Meraki and Palo Alto networking hardware and software.
- You’ll participate in an on-call rotation schedule to provide rapid response and resolution for round the clock major production impacting events across multiple locations.
- You’ll curate and enhance self-serve technical support documentation for end users and procedural and troubleshooting documentation for internal IT team use.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience coaching and training end users and colleagues, and are comfortable creating both technical documentation and self-serve articles for end users
- You have a minimum of 1 year of experience administering, troubleshooting and supporting MDM-managed devices in a mixed operating system environment (Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS) and IDP-connected applications in a serverless cloud environment (Jumpcloud, Okta, Jamf, Intune, Azure, etc.)
- You’re experienced in engaging and managing relationships with third-party software, hardware, and service providers
- You understand the fundamentals of networking, network security, and wireless networks, and are comfortable supporting a high availability environment
- You’re adept at working with trouble ticketing, project management, and knowledge base systems
- You’re comfortable using scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, SQL, and APIs) to automate tasks
- Bonus points if you have prior experience in cybersecurity, risk, and compliance
- Core Benefits: Equity (RSU), Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options, Short term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Perkspot discount platform, Quarterly peer recognition awards, Class Pass discount, Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- Work/Life: Internet reimbursement, Flexible Paid Time Off, 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave + discounts on fertility services
- This full-time, exempt position is hybrid remote in the San Francisco area. The budgeted salary range is $100,000 - $115,000
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative creates innovative natural products and offers a curated selection of healthy home essentials like cleaning supplies and personal care products. With a flexible, monthly delivery model and access to knowledgeable Grove Guides, Grove’s platform makes it easy for people to switch to healthier, more sustainable routines. Every item Grove offers, both from their flagship Grove Co. brand and from exceptional third-party brands, has been thoroughly vetted against strict standards for sustainability, efficacy and supply chain practices. On a mission to move Beyond Plastic, Grove is the first plastic neutral retailer in the world and is committed to becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025. For more information, visit grove.co/beyondplastic.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer. f you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at Grove Collaborative
Something looks off?