San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Do you want to shape the future of sustainable consumer products? We're looking for an amazing Packaging Director to join our Owned Brands team and drive our Beyond Plastic initiative forward.
Our Grove Co. home care brand sets a new standard for consumer packaged goods. Our products embrace excellent performance, superior sustainability and thoughtful, consumer-centric design.
If you’re passionate about making an impact and love being at the cutting edge of innovation, this job is for you. As Packaging Manager, you will own the packaging roadmap, charting the course for eliminating plastic from our products, all while keeping the consumer-experience and cost top of mind. You will generate new material and format ideas that allow Grove to continue to eliminate unnecessary packaging and water from our owned brand products.
We want to hear from candidates with demonstrated success in leading packaging teams and strategy in an omni-channel, CPG environment — and who are excited to build from the ground-up.
- Strategic Impact
- Lead the development and execution of cutting-edge packaging strategies and initiatives that position Grove Co. as a leader in sustainable home care
- Drive the continued advancement and implementation of Beyond Plastic, ensuring a consistently high level of execution and excellence at every stage of the process
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends related to sustainable packaging, incorporating intelligent design principles into Grove's packaging processes and bringing material and format innovations to the team
- In collaboration with the Procurement & Sourcing team, strengthen key supplier relationships and forge new relationships to stay at the forefront of innovation and optimize cost
- Technical Execution
- Own and deliver on the packaging roadmap for our Grove Co. brand, ensuring that launches are completed within the established time, budget, and project parameters
- Ensure that all packaging components - primary, secondary, and tertiary - meet the technical qualification requirements through rigorous qualification processes
- Identify potential design flaws early in the development process to optimize design functionality and minimize the need for design modifications later on
- Take the lead in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and quality of packaging in accordance with packaging specifications
- People Leadership
- Lead and manage the Packaging Team, overseeing package development and collaborative projects aimed at delivering on the Grove Co. Roadmap
- Foster an inclusive team culture that embraces diverse perspectives, promotes creativity, and inspires high-quality outcomes
- Support the professional development of team members, providing mentorship, training, and growth opportunities to help them reach their full potential
- You have 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in a CPG, preferably in an omni-channel environment, with proven managerial and technical skills leading a packaging team
- You have strong strategic and analytical skills with an entrepreneurial and solutions-driven mindset
- You thrive in a dynamic, complex, and changing environment
- You have a proven track record as a collaborative team member and results-driven leader
- You have excellent project management and strategic facilitation skills
- You can multiple manage complex projects at once and seek solutions without clear answers
- You are passionate about leaving a positive environmental impact in the world
- Core Benefits: Equity (RSU), Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options, Short term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Perkspot discount platform, Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- Work/Life: Internet reimbursement, Flexible Paid Time Off, 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave + discounts on fertility services
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
See more open positions at Grove Collaborative
Something looks off?