Sales Development Representative
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
The role of a Sales Development Representative is to confidently guide customers through the life insurance buying process by educating customers on how life insurance works and which products are best suited for specific situations. Ethos are keen to provide world-class customer experience by ensuring transparency in an industry that’s generally overly complicated, ambiguous and slow to adapt. You will be responsible for outreach to customers that begin an application on our website, assist customers with their application, and use the US team of licensed agents to close the deal. We’re looking for experienced sales professionals with exceptional communication skills, a strong passion for helping others, and a drive to improve and get better each day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage potential customers through inbound and outbound calls, emails, and SMS
- Educate customers on Ethos and work closely with US licensed agents team to convert the customers
- Uncover and understand an individual’s needs through in-depth discovery and position Ethos’ value according to their specific needs
- Build relationships and instill trust with customers in order to drive monthly and quarterly conversion targets
- Partner with colleagues in sales, marketing, customer experience, and product in order to execute team and company goals
- Manage a pipeline of customers and perform follow-up through the application and purchasing process
- Iterate and improve upon workflows and outreach strategies
- Drive referral activity by creating positive customer experiences
Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires to work out of Ethos Bangalore office, during US shift hours
- Fluent in English
- 3-4 years of experience in life insurance telesales
- Previous documented success in a high-volume telesales position (200-300 calls per day)
- Motivated to be on the phone for approximately 8 hours a day
- Strong proficiency in working with Salesforce or equivalent sales/CRM software
- Exceptional sales techniques with the ability to overcome customer objections
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to identify friction points for the customer and come up with solutions
- Incredible drive to win, quick learner comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.