Lifecycle Operations Manager
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We are looking for a Lifecycle Operations Manager to join our Lifecycle Marketing team. Working closely with both our marketing and product teams, you will take ownership of deployment and maintenance of key communication touch-points for potential customers who are not quite yet ready to sign up for life insurance.
You will optimize customer engagement using structured testing, developing data based insights, customer research, incentive testing and following a disciplined test and learn approach to continuously optimize marketing strategies. You have experience in managing end-to-end email campaigns, are familiar with and have used best practices in email marketing. If you're passionate about problem solving and exploration research and want to help us build our data-driven, results focused marketing strategy, you should apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and be the Functional Administrator for the MarTech stack – maintain the marketing automation tools (notably Iterable) and ensure cleanliness of all systems, consistently
- Create responsive HTMLs, maintain domain health and own the end-to-end SMS deployment operations,
- Own Audience creation in the marketing automation tools
- Support lead lifecycle programs collaborating with cross functional teams to design, build test and optimize the lead lifecycle
- Integration of relevant Martech Stack with the CRM platform for seamless business outcomes
- Identify potential data quality issues; be responsible for quality assurance testing and guidance for correction of any issues that are observed
- Work with data engineers and design team to create and maintain a testing pipeline to ensure proper event flows and seamless integration for automations
- Collaborate across various internal teams to facilitate QA and troubleshooting the marketing journeys
- Oversee all distribution lists with an emphasis on email - continuously tracking and updating data, segmenting, monitoring performance, maintaining list health, and thinking up new user-centric ways to grow/improve target list
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of professional experience developing lifecycle marketing campaigns across various platforms with a focus on email and SMS marketing
- Expert in marketing automation software, preferably Iterable
- Strong organizational skills and analytical approach with very strong attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of various email systems - Dynamic List , Automation Rules, Dynamic Content, HTML and CSS for email knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.