Senior Software Engineer, Data Product
Join Enigma at a pivotal moment as we continue to provide valuable solutions for small businesses. We're seeking an experienced Data Product Engineer to join our team and help develop and build the iteration of small business data products . Your work will directly impact the accuracy of small business profiles, which influence decisions for companies that employ half the U.S. workforce!
As a Data Product Engineer, you will design and develop data products that solve critical customer pain points. Your impact will be measured by your ability to deliver scalable, high-quality data products that customers love. To succeed in this role, you will bring together three distinct capabilities
- Understand acute customer needs and extract common problem structures across customers
- Analyze and extract value from data at scale
- Build efficient, maintainable production-grade data pipelines
We are looking for someone who:
- Operates with a bias for action and knows how to deliver value in the short, medium and long term
- Loves talking to customers and works hard to solve their problems in a repeatable way
- Adopts a principled, metrics-driven approach to difficult data problems and demonstrates excellence in their analytics and engineering craft
- Operates transparently, collaboratively and with low ego—loves learning from others and having their ideas questioned and challenged
What Makes This Job Exciting:
- Impact: Develop products that take an innovative data-first approach to solving high-value customer problems.
- Technical Challenge: Tackle complex data and engineering problems while balancing customer impact, reliability, scalability, data quality, and an ambitious forward development plan.
- Ownership: You’ll work directly with customers. You and your teammates will design and build products based on your learnings .
Bonus Points If You:
- Have experience building data products at scale.
- Bring prior experience in Databricks or Spark
- Have worked on data products in the marketing, kyb or credit underwriting space.
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive – guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together