Software Engineer, EU
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team that’s responsible for virtually all aspects of the current and future product development. You'll work directly with the founding team daily and take part in core tech and architecture-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, processes, and practices.
This role will be based in Poland but fully remote. Our team works Polish business hours, heavily collaborating during overlapping US / EU times. This role would report to a Poland-based manager.
What You'll Do...
- Develop mission-critical back-end services, including API integrations with third-party platforms and core consumer APIs
- Build and maintain core web applications in .NET, TypeScript, SQL Server, and React within high-scale, distributed systems for point of sale
- Collaborate with our Product team in designing and implementing customer-facing features
- Work with customers and customer facing counterparts to understand problem statements and create solutions using software
- Deliver high quality code within an agile framework - we move quickly and ship code often
What You Bring...
- Strong communication skills - must be fluent in English
- 3+ years of development experience
- Experience with at least one backend server languages (C# / .NET.) and ready to learn more
- General software best practices (clean, tested, organized, and elegant coding)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and working in distributed systems
- Experience designing and extending scalable data models and the data stores they depend on
- Experience with testing and monitoring frameworks
- Self-starter - proactive and can start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - can pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
It's a bonus if you...
- Have built front-end technology in the e-commerce or similar space
- Have some experience with third-party integrations
- Contribute regularly to open-source projects
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.