Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
We are seeking a driven and talented Engineering Manager to take on a highly visible role in managing our Ecommerce team. In this key position, you will work closely with managers from various teams to lead critical projects that directly contribute to Dutchie's top-line growth. As a leader of the engineering team, you will play a pivotal role in establishing healthy team practices, translating product strategy into iterative technical delivery, and fostering the growth and development of team members. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in a fast-paced company at the forefront of the cannabis industry.
What You'll Do...
- Lead a high-performing engineering team through effective hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and career development.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure timely and sustainable delivery of technical solutions aligned with business requirements.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones, and other key project metrics to team members and C-level executives.
- Advocate for and implement engineering best practices and guide technical strategy for short-term and long-term plans.
- Cultivate a healthy engineering culture that promotes teamwork and growth.
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of development experience as an individual contributor and 2+ years in a management role
- Experience leading complex engineering efforts, delivering results while maintaining a healthy team.
- Proven track record in driving multi-stakeholder projects, achieving successful outcomes through effective collaboration
It's a bonus if you...
- Have experience using our technologies: Ruby on Rails, or React
- Have experience building E-commerce products
We are targeting a starting salary of $165,000 based on the intended level for this role. There may be flexibility on individual compensation packages based candidate skillet, experience, qualifications and other position-related factors
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.