Principal Software Engineer
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
We're looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll contribute to developing our products, make key architectural decisions, and mentor other engineers. Your technical skills will directly impact the quality and scalability of our products. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about building great products, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Do...
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain innovative products to help dispensaries and advance the cannabis industry.
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Proactively diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Collaborate with UX and PM partners on product strategy
- Set and execute on a technical roadmap for your area
- Collaborate with other Staff and Principal Engineers to create a technical vision and strategy for the company
- Help define engineering-wide processes and culture
What You Bring...
- You have 12+ years of development experience
- You’re familiar with at least one modern programming language
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
- Self-starter - You're proactive and can start projects and tasks with little directions
- You have excellent communication skills
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
It's a bonus if you...
- Experience using various technologies including Ruby, C#, SQL, and React.js. We don’t require prior experience with our exact technology stack as we believe a great engineer can quickly learn new technologies.
We are targeting a starting salary of $250,000 based on the intended level for this role. There may be flexibility on individual compensation packages based candidate skillet, experience, qualifications and other position-related factors.
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.