Senior Software Engineer - UI
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
We are looking for a talented and experienced UI / Frontend Sr software engineer for our team. An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is a strong advocate for the customer and who can rapidly convert the UX designer’s vision into a working user interface that meets the product manager’s requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Proven experience as a UI Developer or Front-End Developer, with at least 5-8 years of hands-on experience in building user interfaces for web applications.
- Proficiency in front-end technologies such as React, Angular, TypeScript, Tailwind etc
- Solid knowledge of web performance optimization techniques and best practices.
- Familiarity with Figma and other UI/UX design tools, to collaborate effectively with designers.
- Demonstrated experience in writing UI components to corresponding backend APIs and Databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex UI-related issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Exposure to Multi-Cloud platforms & web applications used by developers, specially database developers.
- Knowledge of Svelte component framework
- Curious, fearless, willing to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced development and deployment environment
- Collaborate with UX designers, product managers, and software engineers to understand project requirements and translate them into interactive, user-friendly web interfaces.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify and address performance and compatibility issues across different browsers and platforms.
- Champion UI development best practices, standards, and guidelines within the development team.
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate front-end interfaces with server-side logic and APIs.
- Troubleshoot and debug UI-related issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Write and encourage other engineers to write automated tests.
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!