Business Development - Head of APAC Partners
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Couchbase is looking for an experienced Business Development/Partner Executive to lead our team successfully developing and managing partnerships in Asia Pacific (APAC)
Couchbase is continuing to expand our Business Development Team and has an exciting role for someone to build relationships with Route to Market Partners in APAC. Successful candidates will have experience working in a company selling Cloud and as a Service applications, middleware, database, data warehouse, and/or data integration technologies. Experience with cloud consumption models, open source and SaaS software is also a key requirement. In addition, the ideal candidate will be passionate about recruiting and managing Partners to drive new revenue streams.
You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and will help define and build the partner model at Couchbase and most importantly, be partner sales focused. The Director – Head of APAC Partners leader needs to be adept at working with multiple organizations in the company to accomplish these activities.
Location – Singapore
What You’ll Achieve
Complete full onboarding processComplete full Couchbase new hire enablement process
- Engage all key stakeholders across the organization and meet with all key partners in region to gather input
- Exit with a strategy and plan to execute the APAC partner business plan
- Meet key partner business objectives for the region
- Assume responsibilities as a key leader on the partner leadership team providing input on strategy and execution
- Assume responsibilities as a key leader within the APAC leadership team providing input to the APAC leader on strategy and execution of our sales motion
- Lead key initiatives within the APAC leadership team or partner leadership team to advance our business so we exceed our business objectives
- Drive the route to market partner strategy for Couchbase in APAC.
- Identify the most important Partners in the APAC Region.
- Establish commercial relationships with these partners.
- Enable the partners to deliver Couchbase products and services to Customers
- Develop joint marketing strategies with partners to build pipeline or improve market awareness.
- Enable joint sales activities at the field level.
- Work closely with sales & cross functional leadership colleagues in APAC and Worldwide
- Work with the field sales team to close partner sourced and influenced deals.
- Manage the partner relationships across all these activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of business development (partner) experience
- Experience recruiting and building out new partner channels in a growth stage private company
- Experience working in a company Cloud &/or as a Service technology
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers, Global Systems Integrators, ISVs & Regional System Integrators.
- Enterprise software sales experience
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills with a focus on building new relationships. Ability to think strategically, develop tactics and execute
- Ability to influence and identify champions, both internally and externally
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!