Cloud Security Architect
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Cloud Security Architect
This position will be part of the Capella engineering team that builds and operates our cutting-edge DBaaS service across all three major cloud providers. This will be a highly visible role that will be responsible for driving the systems and operational security of Capella. In Capella we are the custodians of our customers data, and systems and operational security are paramount in everything we do. This position will have a critical role in building a cutting edge DBaaS platform that securely powers some of the most demanding applications of our customers. They will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organization including engineering, DevOps, Product Management and Infosec.
Please note that this is a hand-on software engineering position for an individual passionate about building secure systems on the cloud. This is not a process or a compliance management role.
Broadly, the job encompasses the following:
- Architecture and Reviews: Responsible for the security architecture, design, and code reviews of new features and initiatives. The candidate will drive the implementation of secure architecture best practices and information safeguards as applicable in the target cloud environment such as key management, encryption, data privacy, authentication, IAM and enforcement of principle of least privilege.
- Threat and Vulnerability management: Keep themselves abreast of new developments in software and systems security architecture and evolving threats and ensure these are adopted in our products as applicable. Evaluate results of code scans, security alerts, etc and prioritize and actively drive resolution of issues.
- Support security testing: Provide inputs to in-house security and penetration testing, review results, and drive action to remediate issues. Be the technical contact point for external testing.
- Technical leadership: Drive and lead secure development lifecycle practices across the engineering team. Contribute to security incident detection and response plans and disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- At least 8 years of experience building secure systems on the cloud.
- 8 years of Hands-on development Experience. Preferably in Golang.
- Expert in one or more of AWS, GCP and Azure offerings and security reference architectures. Relevant certifications are helpful but not mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking – VPCs, peering, private endpoints, application and network firewalls, and network components.
- Experience with designing and managing large scale distributed systems in the cloud with clear security boundaries.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations such as SOC2, PCI-DSS etc
- Knowledge of static and dynamic security analysis tools
- Ability to achieve consensus and decision-making with stakeholders
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!