Sales Development Representative
Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will add value to the North American sales team by partnering with Enterprise Sales Representatives to uncover new business leads, assist in pipeline growth and expansion of revenue streams. In uncovering sales opportunities, you’ll learn about the inner workings of the world's largest, most successful companies. You’ll help to bring value to them whether by reducing their total cost of ownership in database infrastructure or helping them through their digital transformation objectives. You need to be competitive, driven to win. Eager to learn about database architecture, SaaS, and technology in general. Your inquisitive nature and ability to research and make meaningful connections with potential customers will be put to the test. Many of our SDRs go on to other positions within the sales organization and throughout Couchbase.
- Work with the sales team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call to targeted prospect lists
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Follow up on sales inquiries from inbound emails, phone calls, events, and other sources
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Develop strong knowledge of the Couchbase product offerings, competitors and the general database market
- Become an expert in technology sales platforms like Salesforce, Outreach.io, DiscoverOrg, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Utilize Salesforce.com to maintain and update contacts and leads
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business-critical solutions quickly
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Eager to learn new skills and wants to be coached
- Willing to be pushed outside their comfort zone
- Motivated by a generous commission plan
- Preferably a graduate from a 4-year college/university
- 1-2+ years of sales or customer service experience (which can include experience garnered while completing your degree)
- Enjoy interacting with people at all levels of an organization; The ideal SDR will revel in engaging executives and developers in intelligent conversations about their business needs and turning those conversations into meetings with Enterprise Sales Representatives
- Highly competitive, achievement-oriented, motivated, and driven to exceed goals
- Have high energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and a tenacity to succeed
- Excellent communication skills including both phone and written communication as well as active listening
- Phenomenal character with an incredible drive for success, high work ethic, curious by nature and obsessed with over-achieving goals
- Proven time management skills and ability to work independently
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!